One in three Canadians is living with diabetes or prediabetes
If you have diabetes, the body is unable to move glucose into your cells.
What Are The Different Types?
There are two main types of diabetes:
- Type 1 diabetes: The body’s immune system attacks and destroys the insulin-producing cells in the pancreas, so the body doesn’t make any insulin.
- Type 2 diabetes: The body doesn’t produce enough insulin, or the body’s cells don’t react to insulin. This is known as insulin resistance.
There are also some rarer types of diabetes, such as gestational diabetes in pregnancy. If diabetes is left without treatment, it can cause serious consequences. These can include:
- Heart disease
- Dental issues
- Nerve damage
Getting the early diagnosis of diabetes can help you implement the right care to manage the risks and reduce the symptoms’ impact.
We understand how problematic diabetes can get, even if you have minor symptoms. Therefore, Pharmasave is here to provide complete diabetes management and control services to keep you in the best of your health. Our expert diabetic consultants and specialist nurses provide support, advice, and intensive management of diabetes to help patients lead a full life and reduce the risk of diabetes-related complications.
Managing diabetes requires a multi-faceted approach. We work as a team to help the patient understand diabetes, empowering them to make their own choices.
Our diabetes-related services include:
- Complete diabetes assistance and advice
- Diabetes risk assessment
- Blood sugar level control
- Weight management assistance
- Lifestyle suggestions and solutions
- Insulin therapy
- Medication and supplements recommendations
- Diagnosis, monitoring and supportive cares for people of all ages
We help you manage your diabetes by providing education and information about diabetes, the importance of monitoring and maintaining your blood sugar levels, how to take your medications and lifestyle options you can choose to help manage your diabetes.
Diabetes is on the rise worldwide, but Pharmasave is here to help you manage and avoid it
Living with diabetes is overwhelming, but if you can get the right diabetes care in the home, you will be able to stay on top of your condition.
We are certified diabetes educators that can help anyone managing their blood glucose readings.
Contact us today so that we can manage your diabetes together.