Sometimes, getting the right prescription is just not practical for various reasons – whether you are away from your home location or you are tired of your old pharmacists. The quickest, most efficient way to get your medication dispensed in any part of Alberta is by using Pharmasave.
The right medicines in Alberta, right away.
Our pharmacists can issue prescriptions for all standard medicines. Our clinics stock the most commonly prescribed drugs so that you can take them away with you immediately, without even having to go to a pharmacy.
Process We Follow at Pharmasave
- Describe your symptoms or problem over the call or in-person in our clinics.
- Connect with our pharmacists and/or doctors to explain what you are experiencing and expecting.
- Get your prescription. Pharmacists can diagnose and provide prescriptions as necessary during your consultation
We have a national network of Canadian pharmacists and doctors who are licensed to treat you in Alberta. Our pharmacists can prescribe medicines like the following for minor ailments:
- Anti-inflammatories and painkillers
- Asthma inhalers
- Eye and ear drops
- Nasal sprays
- Basic ointments
We won’t prescribe a drug or blood product unless the intended use is:
- An indication approved by Health Canada,
- Considered a best practice or accepted clinical practice in peer-reviewed clinical literature, or
- Part of an approved research protocol.
So it is best you talk to us before being confident that we’ll provide you with the prescription you are looking for.
A handpicked network of pharmacists ready to help you with your prescription.
Pharmasave is the perfect solution if you need your medication in a hurry. Getting your medication with Pharmasave is even quicker and easier than using an online GP. So pick up the phone and call us on 604.455.2400 the next time you wish to change your prescription or get one before setting out for a travel journey.
Please note that our pharmacists do not prescribe controlled drugs (e.g. morphine, methadone, codeine). If you believe that you require controlled drugs, we recommend contacting your nearest local specialist service.